Premier Sump Pump Services by Jolly Plumbing
What Is a Sump Pump?
A sump pump is the perfect solution to minimize these risks. As the name implies, it pumps out the water from the basement to keep the area dry. These are installed in the sump pit, the lowest area in the space where water naturally flows to. Then, the excess water goes through the discharge pipe before being expelled to a place away from the property.
Types of Sump Pumps
- Submersible Sump Pump: This is the most well-known type of sump pump. Once it detects water, it begins to run and continues to do so even if it’s submerged in water. This is the best choice in areas that experience frequent flooding.
- Pedestal Sump Pump: The pedestal sump pump’s motor rises above the water, unlike the submersible sump pump. So when repairs are needed, it’s much easier to access the parts. However, this pump isn’t as quiet as the submersible sump pump.
- Water-Powered Sump Pump:This type of pump uses water pressure from the utility line, creating a vacuum that sucks water out of the sump pit. It’s a great backup pump in case the electricity goes out.
- Battery-Powered Sump Pump: The battery-powered sump pump works like a submersible pump, but it’s powered by batteries instead of a direct electrical connection. So even if the power goes out, the sump pump will keep working.
- Combination Sump Pump: By incorporating the best of the other types of sump pumps, the combination sump pump is the most cost-efficient type. It usually has two types of pumps and two power sources.
How Sump Pumps Work
Because of the constant exposure to moisture, sump pumps are vulnerable to issues — even the best-quality pumps. Their lifespan can range from five to 30 years, but regular maintenance and repairs are necessary to keep the equipment and parts in good shape.
Sump Pump Repair Cincinnati
A damaged or malfunctioning sump pump is a plumbing emergency. Left unchecked, the water can cause major damage to your property, especially in areas prone to flooding. So whenever you think that your sump pump needs fixing, contact us immediately for emergency sump pump repair.
Sump Pump Maintenance Cincinnati
Jolly Plumbing offers comprehensive maintenance services for sump pumps. Our crew will come to your property and inspect every part of the system to ensure that everything is working as it should. If we find any issues like clogged pumps or debris accumulation, we’ll take care of it. This preventative care serves as an additional level of protection for your property.
Sump Pump Installation Cincinnati
If your home’s current sump pump setup is too old or no longer repairable, we can replace it. We’ll make sure to consider the existing structures like the drainage and pit size to ensure that the replacement fits perfectly.